These Christmas Tree Soap Legos are a great gift for kids and provide a fun and safe option to bring the holidays into the tub. When you include your children in the process, it makes the gift a little more personal for those you love.
You can combine different colours and scents to personalise them for your own little ones and the fun shapes make them the perfect combination of silliness and soap.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• Clear Soap Base: I used the clear soap base because it is easier to add colour to later.
• Almond Oil: This non-fragrant oil is superbly rich in Vitamin E & D, minerals such as calcium, potassium and magnesium, making it perfect for babies and children; however, it should be avoided or replaced with a different oil if your children have nut allergies.
• Alcohol Spritz Isopropyl Alcohol: This agent is used to remove bubbles from the top of the soap.
• Fragrance Oil: In this sample, I used strawberry, gingerbread, bubblegum and chocolate fragrance oils. You can use your own combination of fragrance oils for your little ones.
• Mould: This black mold is a basic square mould I use to form the soap, which is later shaped using cookie cutters.
• Mica Coloring: Mica is an all-natural mineral used to create beautiful pigments. I used blue, red, green, and orange.
- Begin by cutting the 100g of soap base into small squares approximately 1 cm in size.
- In a small container, melt one square of soap base until it is completely liquefied. Then, using a 1 ml dropper, combine equal parts of almond oil, and your favorite fragrance oil.
- Add your favorite colour, and stir well to combine.
- Repeat this process with the other colours you intend to use for your Christmas Tree Legos.
- Once you have created all your liquid, pour them into the mould one by one.
- When the mould has completely dried, use a cookie cutter to create the tree shape.
- Then, use kitchen knife to cut out a small groove in the trees.
- Make the cut in the top of one tree, and the bottom of another.
- Combine the tree legos together to create a beautiful and colorful soap ready for bath time.