1 cup McKenzie’s Green Lentils
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ cup canola oil
½ cup brown sugar
1 cup bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 ½ cup wholemeal flour
1 tsp McKenzie’s Bi-Carb Soda
1 ½ tsp McKenzie’s Baking Powder
¾ cup sultanas
- Place lentils and 3 cups water into a saucepan and bring to boil. Simmer for approximately 30-45 minutes. Puree to a smooth consistency with ¼ cup water.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Grease 2 x 6 muffin trays.
- Combine lentil puree, egg, oil, sugar, bananas and vanilla. Mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and sultanas. Gently stir into egg mixture. Mix until just combined – do not overmix.
- Spoon into greased muffin trays (approx. 2/3 full).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes (excludes lentil cooking time)
- Replace sultanas with raisins or walnuts.
- Replace banana with 1 cup mashed mixed berries.
- Great source of protein and fibre.